5 OF WANDS
5 OF WANDS TAROT CARD MEANING
TAROT KEY MEANINGS
Light Seer (Upright): competition, conflict, ambition, challenge, being pushed by others to excel, brainstorming and mental jousting, adrenaline and aggression, surpassing limits, dynamic energy
Shadow Seer (Reversed): a need to collaborate, in-group fighting or arguments, conflict, being overly competitive, not following the rules, a tendency to avoid conflict to your detriment
5 OF WANDS OVERVIEW
1. 2. 3. Go! The 5 competitors push and pull their way up the wands in order to reach the light. First to reach it, takes all? No wait. First to reach it shares. Were those the rules? In the thrill of the moment they can’t remember, so they create something new as they go. They’ve moved beyond the stability of the 4 of wands, and they scuffle and skip their way up the ladder with the adrenaline of competition in their veins. There is one thing in their equally ambitious hearts: Win. A few experience the rush of friendly competition and they push themselves to excel in this environment. Others feel more aggressive than they’d like to feel, and the challenge suddenly feels more like a serious conflict. They all desperately want to be seen and heard amidst the chaos and the commotion. But, just as they didn’t really listen to the rules, no one is listening to the opinions or ideas on how to scale this mountain of wands, together. It feels like everyone is pushing forward in their own direction. They may not be able to reach the light unless they stop pushing against one another, but they are blocked from brainstorming because they all want to be first to reach the sky.
MESSAGE FROM THE 5 OF WANDS
A little competition can be a good thing. It can push us to become the very best version of ourselves, and to move quicker than we would if we were doing it alone. Allow feelings of opposition and challenge to help you to evolve your methods and push beyond your own self-imposed limits. Choose to excel! If competition becomes unhealthy, and you are experiencing the shadow side of aspiration and challenge, it’s time to take a step back. Retreat from energies that are hindering your progress. Look for healthy competition that is inspiring and motivating instead of draining. Your path is your path. Others are on their own unique trajectory, so it’s time to seek a solution where your harmonious relationships with those around you add to your happiness instead of diminish it. If you are experiencing conflicts with others, take a deep breath and re-examine your thoughts. Sometimes your own feelings around being right, feeling second-rate or being challenged can interfere with your ability to see your path clearly. Egos can clash and slow everything down, or they can hone skills and help
you to succeed. Use this jousting to excel, to improve and to become a better version of yourself! You may need to fly solo for a little bit, or take some time to re-evaluate your options. Listen to the inspiration that comes from within to incite your next steps towards that light, and use competing energies as a way to enrich your experience.
QUESTIONS FOR THE SEER
• What challenges are currently holding you back?
• Does competition bring out your negative or positive qualities? How can your current challenge help you to excel?
• While it’s wonderful to learn from competition, it’s unhealthy if it makes you feel ‘less-than.’ How can you use others’ success to drive your own?
• What is your current lesson about working with the energy of others?